Thompson & Leigh Ltd – Sales Staff – 1940’s
Douglas B. Thompson & Pamela Thompson decided to return to selling plumbing, heating & sanitaryware to the trade and formed Thompson & Leigh as it is now. They opened a warehouse in Crayford ideally located being close to the Black Prince interchange and just 5 minutes from the Dartford tunnel. Accounts with major suppliers like Armitage Shanks ,Wavin Plastics (Osma ) and like were opened. Two further units were then added on to T&L in the same estate within 2-3 years. Ian Thompson joined the company soon after the formation and David Thompson a few years later. In the late 80's T&L supplied to builders like New Ideal Homesteads ( through Pritchard ) Alvid Estates and many smaller house builds. It was and still is to employ very experienced staff. All accounts have easy access to the directors should any problems arise.